As it comes up to the start of a New Year (I’m writing this at the end of 2016!), my thoughts turn to future plans and dreams. I have some dreams that I want to list and tick off as I do them. These dreams cover all my passions, from travel, to food and of course gin! I’ve grouped these by geography as most of the food and gin has a geography attached to it.
“Home dreams” aka London based
- Visit the Portobello Road Gin Hotel – hopefully this will happen in Ginuary 2017!
- Have hot gin cocktails on the roof of the Ham Yard Hotel – completed in Ginuary 2017!
- Visit as many gin distilleries as possible!
- Edinburgh – visit friends, Edinburgh Gin, Pickerings Gin
- Attend Burleigh’s Gin School
- Visit Warner Edwards distillery
- Taste port in Porto
- Visit Rome
- See the Northern Lights – completed in Feb 2016 in Iceland
- Go back to Greece as an adult, visit Athens and the islands
- Island hopping in Croatia
- Game of Thrones locations!
- Go drinking in Dublin
- Visit the Giants Causeway
- Visit Russia in Winter – completed in Dec 16 / Jan 17
- Go wine tasting in Stellenbosch
- Visit Hope on Hopkins distillery outside of Cape Town
- Climb Table Mountain
- Do a luxury safari
- Visit Zanzibar
- Do a yoga retreat (this isn’t necessarily Asia specific, but seems like a good place to go!)
- Visit the Gardens in the Bay Singapore
- Visit Indonesia
- Snorkel in the Maldives
- Visit Sri Lanka
- Eat my way around India
- Hike in Nepal
- Visit Japan in Blossom season – particularly Kyoto
- Eat sushi in the Tokyo fish market
- Stay in a traditional Ryokan inn
- Go to the very South of the South Island in New Zealand – planned for April 2017
- Hike in Able Tasman National Park in NZ – completed on my birthday in April 2017!
- Drink Pinot Noir in Central Otago – completed in April 2017
- Eat New Zealand oysters – completed on my April trip
- Visit NZ gin distillers – completed on my April 17 trip
- Not sure that this counts here? Do an Antartic Cruise!
Middle Eastern dreams
- Visit Petra in Jordan – completed in April 2013
- Drink wine in Lebanon – completed in April 2013
- Travel around Iran
Central American dreams
- Visit Cuba – completed in Nov 2015
- Swim with Whale Sharks – completed in Mexico Aug 2015
- Scuba dive in a cenote – complete in Mexico Aug 2015
South American dreams
- Hike up Machu Picchu – completed in Feb 2014
- Visit Chile
- Climb up to Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janerio
- Trek in Patagonia
North American dreams
- Visit Alaska
- Road trip Oregon and Washington State
- Party in New Orleans
- Visit the deep South
So what are your dreams, travel related or not, share in the comments below!”