Are you as totally obsessed with gin and tonics as me? If the answer is yes, then skip the pre-made M&S lemon, gin and tonic syrup and do it from scratch to maximise the gin!
This recipe incorporates both gin and tonic into the standard pancake batter and creates a gin and citrus syrup to drizzle on top. Read on for how to give your pancakes a fully gin inspired twist for Shrove Tuesday…
Gin and tonic pancakes for pancake day gin inspiration:
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 250ml gin and tonic (e.g. premix can or make your own, I used Fentimen’s and Bloom premix bottled gin and tonic)
- 50ml milk
- Mix together with a whisk until the lumps are gone
- Juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of gin (I used Star of Bombay from Bombay Sapphire)
- Stir together on the stove and bring to the boil for 3 mins then take off the heat and let it cool
Heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat, and melt butter in it. Make small pancakes (think American rather than crepes), when bubbles are seen on the top flip them over and cook on the other side.
When you have your stacks of pancakes drizzle the gin syrup on top and enjoy!
Happy early pancake day!! . As I’m not in the country on Shrove Tuesday @anneabelllllla and I were experimenting with G&T pancakes on a Sunday morning!! . Pancakes made with a pre-mix G&T in the batter and drizzled with a gin and citrus syrup 😋😋😋 . Batter: 200g self raising flour, 1 egg, 50ml milk, 250ml gin and tonic premix (I used @bloomgin with @fentimansltd) Syrup: juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime, 3 tablespoons sugar, 3 tablespoons gin (I used @bombaysapphireuk Star of Bombay) . #pancakes #ginandtonic #gin #syrup #recipe
Adapted from the Women and Home Facebook page
Follow me on social media: