Top Three Sardinia
Top three smells:
- The sea in early morning.
- The freshly baked croissants for breakfast.
- The strong aroma of the Italian espresso.
I think that Maria is a morning person from these! There is definitely something evocative of the smell of the sea and who doesn’t like the smell of coffee and baked goods?
Top three views:
- Castelsardo’s brightly colored peninsula (pictured).
- The deep blue sea around the La Maddalena Archipelago.
- The small streets in the small cities, where an unexpected view waits for you around every corner – an old lady selling her produce, the red table clothes of a family trattoria, or a patch of sea between the roofs of the high palazzi.
I love how this paints a picture of colour and intimacy.
Top three tastes:
- A glass of wine of the local Vermentino varietal.
- Pasta with eggplants and fresh tomatoes.
- Goat parmiggiano from a weekly farmer’s market.
OK so I want to visit to try all of these! I can just imagine the fresh sun bathed produce…
Are you inspired to visit Sardinia now?
Thanks to Maria for sharing her top three, I can definitely see the attraction of visiting from these experiences!
Maria is a 20-something traveling disaster roaming the world. She’s crazy about mirto from Sardinia, speaking in foreign languages (mostly if she can’t) and studying fortune-telling. She’s one of the founders of 203challenges.com and, god forbid, its editor-in-chief.
All photo credits Maria from 203 Challenges.Follow me on social media: