As it comes up to the start of a New Year (I’m writing this at the end of 2016!), my thoughts turn to future plans and dreams. I have some dreams that I want to list and tick off as I do them. These dreams cover all my passions, from travel, to food and of course gin! I’ve grouped these by geography as most of the food and gin has a geography attached to it.
Update: the latest edit is to update on my recent travels to South Africa – lots more detail on this coming to the blog soon!
“Home dreams” aka London based
- Visit the Portobello Road Gin Hotel – this finally happened when fellow blogger Alaine met me there for drinks in Summer 2017.
- Have hot gin cocktails on the roof of the Ham Yard Hotel – completed in Ginuary 2017!
- Visit as many gin distilleries as possible!
- Edinburgh – visit friends, Edinburgh Gin, Pickerings Gin
- Attend Burleigh’s Gin School
- Visit Warner Edwards distillery
- Taste port in Porto
- Visit Rome
- See the Northern Lights – completed in Feb 2016 in Iceland
- Go back to Greece as an adult, visit Athens and the islands
- Island hopping in Croatia
- Game of Thrones locations!
- Go drinking in Dublin
- Visit the Giants Causeway
- Visit Russia in Winter – completed in Dec 16 / Jan 17
- Go wine tasting in Stellenbosch – done in Nov 2017
❓Is this what you picture when you think wine tasting in Stellenbosch❓ It should be – I was overawed at how gorgeous the Rustenberg property was, with all these traditional white buildings and original features – yet modern inside – plus the wines were delicious too! ??? . #winetasting #stellenboschwine @rustenbergwines #rustenbergwinery #traditionalcapearchitecture #visitsouthafrica #southafricatrip #travelsouthafrica #southafrica??❤️ #southafricanwine? @tsibatsibatours #winetastingtour
- Visit Hope on Hopkins distillery outside of Cape Town – done in Nov 2017
- Climb Table Mountain – done in Nov 2017
The sweet smell of success – we made it to the top of Table Mountain!! ? . @manicsara and I decided to take the ‘easy route’ up Plattenklip gorge, however this is not easy!! (Everything is relative!) when they say 2-3 hours it really takes that long (unless you are part mountain goat! We saw some people running it – that doesn’t seem normal!) so my peak for the day is making it up 1,000m under my own steam, even if the pit was the effort, sweat and strain making it up! . #thepeakandpitcollective #thetopoftablemountain #tablemountaincapetown #visitsouthafrica #southafricatrip #travelsouthafrica #southafrica??❤️ #tablemountainnationalpark #capetown #❤️Capetown #whataview #viewfromthetop
- Do a luxury safari – done at Africa on Foot in Dec 2017
- Visit Zanzibar
- Do a yoga retreat (this isn’t necessarily Asia specific, but seems like a good place to go!)
- Visit the Gardens in the Bay Singapore
- Visit Indonesia
- Snorkel in the Maldives
- Visit Sri Lanka
- Eat my way around India
- Hike in Nepal
- Visit Japan in Blossom season – particularly Kyoto
- Eat sushi in the Tokyo fish market
- Stay in a traditional Ryokan inn
- Go to the very South of the South Island in New Zealand – planned for April 2017 but unfortunately we didn’t get there…
- Hike in Able Tasman National Park in NZ – completed on my birthday in April 2017!
- Drink Pinot Noir in Central Otago – completed in April 2017
- Eat New Zealand oysters – completed on my April trip
- Visit NZ gin distillers – completed on my April 17 trip
- Not sure that this counts here? Do an Antartic Cruise!
Middle Eastern dreams
- Visit Petra in Jordan – completed in April 2013
- Drink wine in Lebanon – completed in April 2013
- Travel around Iran
Central American dreams
South American dreams
- Hike up Machu Picchu – completed in Feb 2014
- Visit Chile
- Climb up to Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janerio
- Trek in Patagonia
North American dreams
- Visit Alaska
- Road trip Oregon and Washington State
- Party in New Orleans
- Visit the deep South
So what are your dreams, travel related or not, share in the comments below!”